https://foodshots.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/11046292_664236387013642_4690624025826062407_n.png 466 480 mindcube http://foodshots.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/fs-logo1.jpg mindcube2015-06-04 11:34:312021-08-26 10:41:26How to preserve green’s green
For food photography garnishing is very important, it grabs the viewer’s attention and draws them towards the image. While in the cold times of the year, the preservation of the herbs is not a big deal. But, during the hot season it becomes a challenge.
The best way to get fresh herbs is to collect them from the growing plant, but what if it’s impossible? One of the wonderful ways to keep herbs fresh is to store them in the wet cheesecloth towel.
Here is the method
1. Wash the herbs carefully and remove all the spoiled parts
2. If roots are available, just wash them; avoid removing
3. Put clean cheesecloth towel in cold water, then squeeze it to remove the excessive water and wrap around the washed herbs
4. Put the wrapped herbs in the plastic bag or container and close it tightly
5. Keep the herbs in vegetable section of the fridge for about an hour before the photo shoot starts
1. While using the herbs for every shot, wrap the remaining herbs again and put them back in the fridge as soon as it possible
2. Do not extravagantly wet the towel, extreme water may spoil the herbs
By the way, this method always works well if you love to add fresh herbs to your food. Enjoy!