Way many people go online to talk about the lunch/dinner they just ate. Interestingly, they are not only talking but making pictures of it too.
Is it just the narrative of everyday life? Or celebration of eating – always a deeply personal and celebratory ocassion. Or is it just for food art?
Anyway you see it, there are some interesting facts.
1. On an average, once a month, 52% of people take photos with their mobiles
2. Additionally 19% upload those photos to the web.
3. Apps like Instagram and the photo version of Foursquare will add on to this trend.
4. People are almost never in the photos. (Only in 10% cases)
5. Hardly any brand is mentioned in the food photographs (12%)
The infographics is from 360i